Subnautica: Ghost Update
So much nope24 Aug 2017
The Ghost Update has been released!
Cure the Infection, disable the Precursor Array, command an upgraded Cyclops, and escape Ghost Leviathans! Frightening and deadly, a new Leviathan lurks deep under the surface. The Ghost Leviathan can be found haunting the Void, Grand Reef, and the Lost River. Always keep one eye on the open ocean in case one decides to pay you a visit.
Get Ready cause this update is a biggie.
Baby Emperors make it finally possible to cure yourself, they now drop Enzyme balls. These little creatures can be found on the other side of the teleporter. In time, they will grow into juveniles and spawn throughout the world. As previously mentioned, they leave behind Enzyme balls useful in healing.
DEACTIVATING THE ARRAY
Using the blood drawing terminal in the control room of the Quarantine Enforcement Platform allows the Precursor Array to be fully deactivated once you’ve successfully cured yourself.
More and more encylopedia entires have their final art images to accompany the vibrant descriptions of flora and fauna in Subnautica.
Drag and Drop and rearrange your inventory to your hearts content. A simple, yet game-changing addition to your PDA organization.
New tooltips added to show information such as ingredients required when hovering over an item.
MESAS & LOST RIVER
The Lost River area gets another big update this time around with the addition of a connecting tunnel from the Mountains all the way down to the Lost River and Lava zones. Additionally, the Lost River area has been widened to allow a Cyclops to pass through with eerie, cavernous hallways (So now it's not like trying to get an A380 through a train tunnel, amirite?).
Also introducing the Mesas, new grassy flats near the crash site, rising from the depths serving as home to many creatures.
REAPER TEXTURE UPDATES
The Reaper is now sporting a shiny, new texture. But, we don't recommend getting close enough to see it.
EXITING THE LIFEPOD
Two fancy new animations have been added for the very first moment you exit the Lifepod into the vast world of Subnautica, either through the top or bottom hatch.
- Built in lockers increased from 3x4 to 3x6.
- Bonehsarks, River Prowlers, and Lava Lizards will no longer attack and damage the Cyclops.
- Upgrade console increased from 4 to 6 slots.
- Thermal Charger upgrade increased in efficiency.
- Shields no longer have a time limit and now just toggleable on and off with a constant power drain tradeoff.
- Silent Running ability no longer has a time limit and cooldown. Now toggleable now with a constant power drain tradeoff.
- Decoys changed from 3x3s to 2x2s. Copper wire ingredient requirement has also been removed.
- Light has been range increased and they no longer affect creature aggression.
- Lava Larva show up on Cyclops holographic damage display.
IMPROVEMENTS & ADDITIONS
- Crafting tree has been reworked
- Ultra High Capacity Airtank added
- Prawn Suit sitting animation to aid in reaching power cells, storage, and upgrade slots on land
- Knives no longer damage bases
- New wrecks added to Dunes and Sparse Reef
"Based results from our automated performance testing, we think you will experience approximately 9% better framerates in Ghost. The improvement will vary from machine to machine.
We've been working hard to improve performance. In particular, we have been whittling down the amount of memory 'garbage' produced by Subnautica, and reducing time spent waiting for disk reads. We'll keep chasing better framerates in future updates."