New updates coming to Splatoon 2
I have an Inkling it's going to be good (sorry)22 Nov 2017
November 23rd marks the date for the new updates to the Ink shooting team deathmatch game Splatoon 2!
A game that's that's confused me for years with its strange premise of half squid/half teenage humans hellbent on throwing projectile ink at each other in what can only be described as a bizarre form of competitive abstract art!
New updates are coming in 2 parts. The first being a new stage for Salmon Run (the cooperative wave-based mode), new gear as well as new hairstyles and the second adding a new game mode plus much more. Here's a look at some of them.
- "Four New Battle Stages: While four new battle stages are coming to Splatoon 2, they won't all be available immediately after downloading the update. The first new battle stage, MakoMart, will be available to play on Nov. 24. The new MakoMart stage is a giant superstore-style stage, so what better place to play on Black Friday! Shellendorf Institute, Walleye Warehouse and Arowana Mall roll out over the subsequent weeks. Shellendorf Institute is new to the series, while Walleye Warehouse and Arowana Mall are popular stages returning from the original Splatoon game."
- New Salmon Run Stage: Fan-favorite multiplayer mode Salmon Run is getting a new stage. After downloading the update, Salmonid Smokeyard will be added to the rotation. In Salmonid Smokeyard, a wide gap on the beach divides two upper platforms, with fan lifts being the quickest way to traverse the two platforms. Teamwork is required to use the fan lifts effectively.
- New Gear: Approximately 140 pieces of gear are being added to Splatoon 2, including new shoes, headgear, and clothes. Items include a motocross mask, additional winter gear (just in time for the cold weather), and returning items from the original Splatoon game.
- New Battle Music: Two new bands have been gaining popularity in Inkopolis! The punk-flavored Bottom Feeders and classically-trained avante garde-style Ink Theory are contributing new songs to the already music-rich game.
- New Hairstyle: When customizing an Inkling, four new hairstyles will be available to choose from—two each for female and male characters.
- Higher Level Caps: Currently, players are maxed out at Level 50. After downloading the update, the new maximum level will be raised to 99. If you talk to Judd when you reach Level 99, you'll have the option to reset and have your level display as Level ★1 so you can continue raising your level.
- New amiibo Functionality: Tapping a compatible amiibo figure after the update will let players take and share in-game photos in preset locations in Battle Stages, in addition to being able to take photos in Inkopolis Square. Players can also add fun filters to their images.
- Convenient Gear Swapping: Players that want to change gear between battles in Regular Battle, Ranked Battle and Splatfest Battle (Solo) won't have to exit to the lobby anymore! After downloading the update, gear can be swapped out without leaving the match room, making it quicker to get back to splatting. For Regular Battle, this also means you can play the next battle with the same players."
A second free update, arriving mid-December, includes a new game mode: Clam Blitz! In Clam Blitz, competing Inklings are tasked with collecting clams scattered around the stage. After one is picked up, the clam follows the player. The objective is to throw the clam into the basket near the opponent's base. The first team to score 100 points wins! But, of course, this being the fiercely competitive world of Splatoon 2, things are not as easy as they seem. The baskets are protected by a barrier, which much be destroyed first. After collecting 10 clams, the player will earn a Power Clam. These super-powered clams are the key to breaking the barrier, so strategy will definitely be involved in which clams are used to destroy the barrier and which are used to earn points. Not to mention the extra-satisfying opportunity to steal opponents' clams by splatting them.Source